It is nice to see that a prominent American name no longer resides on the latest update from the International Sailing Federation (ISAF) website on the athletes that currently have their eligibility suspended:
* Christine Johnston (GBR) - from June 1, 2007 to May 31, 2009 - Anti Doping violation, refusal.
* Simon Daubney (NZL) - from July 14, 2007 to July 13, 2009 - Anti Doping violation, presence of cocaine metabolites.
* Juan Diego Nunez (MEX) - from July 26, 2008 to July 25, 2009 - Gross beach of good manners and sportsmanship.
* Mr Anders Steen Gotschalk (DEN) - from Oct. 5, 2007 to Oct. 5, 2009 - Anti Doping violation, presence of cocaine metabolites.
* Shinya Kunieda (JPN) - from Nov. 1, 2007 to Oct. 31, 2009 - Breaking RRS 5 (banned substances and method).
In the two years that Scuttlebutt began publicizing the list of suspended sailors, this is the fewest individuals that we can recall being listed. We hope it can stay that way.
ISAF website -- http://www.sailing.org/suspended-sailors.php
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]