Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Watching the Olympics

I liked the broadcasting format NBC used for sailing at the 2008 Olympics. Full length, online, archived, typed commentating. To get this for the Americans, there was alot of pushing and pulling behind the scenes by Gary Jobson. While Jobson has his distractors (don't we all?), he is a big cheerleader for the sport and the US, and I am sure that viewers would have had less without his involvement.

His commentating was informative, and while I cringe at times about his folksy observations, at least I didn't find any of his comments on this list:

Top comments made by NBC commentators, they'd like to take back:

1. Weightlifting commentator: "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up & it was amazing."

2. Dressage commentator: "This is really a lovely horse & I speak from experience since I once mounted her mother."

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: "I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mom & dad."

4. Boxing Analyst: "Sure there've been injuries & even some deaths in boxing, but none really that serious."

5. Softball announcer: "If history repeats itself I should think we can expect the same thing again."

6. Basketball analyst: "He dribbles a lot & the opposition doesn't like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces."

7. At the rowing medal ceremony: "Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the IOC president's hugging the cox of the British crew."

8. Soccer commentator: "Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got 11 Dicks on the field."

9. Tennis commentator: "One of the reasons Andy's playing so well is, before the final round his wife takes out his balls & kisses them...my God, what did I just say!?"

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home