Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sailing clothes

I don’t have the patience to host garage sales, and instead prefer to haul my unneeded items to the local Goodwill drop off. I am not a pack rat, and feel relieved when I can rid myself of stuff I don’t need. However, there is one thing that I am always weary of donating: unique clothes.

This category would include clothes I got from special events, or from boats I sailed on. My problem is that these clothes are very identifiable, and would reflect on the source if they got into the wrong hands.

I always thought this was a quirky hang-up of mine… that is until I read the following story from a San Diego, CA news source:

Police are searching for a man who raped a woman after breaking into her College Area home early Wednesday. The man entered victim's house through an unlocked window about 4 a.m., San Diego police said. The suspect is described as black, about 19 years old, over 6 feet tall, with a thin, muscular build and a mustache. He was wearing a white T-shirt with an America's Cup logo on the back and long navy blue basketball shorts.

I will continue to use my unique clothing for painting projects and other messy tasks.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home