Thursday, December 20, 2007

Online holiday cards don't count

Maybe I will never be fully embraced by the X generation, or whatever label has followed it. To me, online holiday greetings don't count. Lord knows I do plenty by email. Heck, I am a publisher and I don't print anything. Sending out mass updates to my advertisers, to Forum users, to subscribers of the Scuttlebutt e-Newsletter... all simplified by the email process. But not holiday cards, no, can't do it.

Between my family and business, it was over three hundred cards this year. I labeled every one of them, stuffed every one of them, stamped every one of them, and mailed every one of them. No, I didn't personally sign every one of them... okay, none of them (though it would have been nice to have done so). But I thought about each person when I prepped their card, and that is why I do holiday cards.

The online holiday greeting is environmentally friendly, but as soon I read it, I delete it. I hang up the mailed holiday cards I receive. They become part of my holiday decorations. I hope they never go away.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home