Monday, February 25, 2008

The Brits are going down

When I was younger, I wore Bollé or Ray Ban sunglasses, but only because I could afford them. The swankier Vuarnet glasses were always out of my price range. Now that I am older, and rolling in the big bucks at Scuttlebutt, I wear Kaenon Polarized glasses, as do seemingly all the top sailors. A recent press release from the British Olympic sailing team, Skandia Team GBR, might finally show a kink in their armour:

"Skandia Team GBR is delighted to welcome Bollé as the Official Supplier of performance sunglasses and prescription eyewear. Celebrating their 120-year anniversary this year, Bollé is an industry leader in eyewear and offers the highest quality sunglasses for performance and protection. Using the very latest optical technology and polarization, Bollé will provide Skandia Team GBR with the very best eyewear in order for the sailors to achieve their optimum performance both on and off the water."

Without Kaenons, the Brits are going down.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home