Thursday, June 22, 2006

Country versus Country

After following the FIFA World Cup (the soccer intergalactics that occur every four years), my mind wandered into a comparison with the America's Cup. I have found the World Cup to be very exciting, and concluded that much of the magic was due to the nationality requirement.

These are the top thirty-two soccer nations (there are 205 nations that are FIFA members), and many were quite small, such as Ghana which today eliminated the US (I will have to Google Ghana to learn more about them). I thought about how great it would be if the excitement of nations vs nations could be brought back to the America's Cup, wherein countries big and small could fairly face-off.

After taking a stab at the analysis, I came to some disappointing conclusions, which can be found in an article I wrote for the Friday issue of Scuttlebutt called "Should it be a contest between nations?" - Craig Leweck, Scuttlebutt

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home