Thursday, September 14, 2006

Short-sighted

I hope I never need to print the email exchanges I am having this week with the legal counsel for America's Cup Management (ACM), the group responsible for administering the cup races. It seems that ACM has taken exception with how certain items within Scuttlebutt are being stated.

Their organization has so many layers now, and so many concerns that having nothing to do with the blowing of horns and the setting of marks, that they have the time and ability to hassle the media that is providing coverage for their event.

What is really funny (not) is that the ACM email system has a language filter on it which blocks the word "scuttlebutt." All my correspondance to them yesterday bounced back to me. I guess we are a naughty word. - Craig Leweck, Scuttlebutt

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home